Looking up a performer who's on mom's "One Life to Live" (note how it is not MY "One Life to Live" despite the fact that I manage to find myself sitting here every day at 1 p.m. eagerly awaiting my update from Landview - what will Gigi do?!?!) I don't particularly love said performer, but I'm always interested in what new music the network TV thinks I (or my mother) will like.
'Tis one Rachael Yamagata doing a song called "Elephants," which is a great name for anything. Everything is more funny/touching/genius with Elephants. The song is a little bloody and broody and heartbreaking for my current mood, but I'm intrigued by the opening lines:
"If the elephants have past lives
Yet are destined to always remember
It's no wonder how they scream..."
And even as I type those lines I hate how contrived they are, but they do make me think how glad I am that memories fade. How painful it would be to remember with the same feeling of the original experience. The world is better for a little forgettting methinks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment